Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation (Restoration), the nation's first community development organization, partners with area residents and businesses to improve the quality of life in long-blighted areas of Central Brooklyn. Our goals are to attract investment, improve the business climate, foster the economic self-sufficiency of families, enhance family stability, and promote the arts and culture. Through these activities, we seek to spur resident's economic stability and transform Central Brooklyn into a safe, vibrant place to live, work and visit. Restoration was founded in 1967 with the bipartisan support of New York Senators Robert Kennedy, Jr. and Jacob Javits. Since it's inception, Restoration has brought over $600 million in public and private investments to Central Brooklyn.
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, BSRC devotes it's resources towards creating significant, sustainable and demonstrable impact in improving the well-being of local residents and businesses.
- Restoration Plaza- management, development and business attraction.
- Mixed-Income Housing Development- rental and homeownership
- Energy conservation- weatherization assistance
- Workforce and Youth Development- job readiness, sector-specific training, career coaching, job placement and college prep
- Asset Building- financial literacy and one-on-one counseling to reduce debt, improve credit, and enhance savings; benefit screening and enrollment; legal counseling; and social service referrals
- Health- addressing health disparities by promoting access to healthy, affordable foods and encouraging physical activity
- Arts and Culture-multi-discplinary arts instruction as well as visual and performing arts presenting programming
- Small business services-entrepreneur education and micro-loan fund
- Support Us
- Arts & Culture
- Restoration Plaza
- Family Services