Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation, the nation's first community development corporation, partners with residents and business to improve the quality of life of Central Brooklyn by fostering economic self-sufficiency; creating healthy, stable families; promoting the arts and culture; and transforming the neighborhood into a safe, vibrant place to live, work and visit.
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, Restoration is a dynamic institution that creates significant, sustainable and demonstrable impact in improving the well being of local residents and business.
- Restoration Plaza- management, development and business attraction.
- Mixed-Income Housing Development- rental and homeownership
- Energy conservation- weatherization assistance
- Workforce and Youth Development- job readiness, sector-specific training, career coaching, job placement and college prep
- Asset Building- financial literacy and one-on-one counseling to reduce debt, improve credit, and enhance savings; benefit screening and enrollment; legal counseling; and social service referrals
- Health- addressing health disparities by promoting access to healthy, affordable foods and encouraging physical activity
- Arts and Culture-multi-discplinary arts instruction as well as visual and performing arts presenting programming
- Small business services-entrepreneur education and micro-loan fund
- Restoration Plaza
- Support Us
- Family Services
- Arts & Culture