Looking for financing or technical assistance to start or expand your small business? The Restoration Capital Fund can help. Created in 1998, the Restoration Capital offers a wide spectrum of financing for start ups and established businesses regardless of your credit history. Whether you need a loan to purchase inventory, update your equipment, pay accounts receivable, or manage your debt, our lending team will treat your application with care and personal attention. In need of financing for amounts greater than what we offer? We may be able to connect you with other lenders in our network to help your business get the money that it needs.
Restoration Capital Fund, Inc. (RCF) supports entrepreneurship and minority-owned businesses that create jobs and contribute to Brooklyn’s economy and community life. In partnership with Brooklyn Cooperative Federal Credit Union (BCFCU), RCF offers fixed-rate business loans for the following purposes:
- To purchase inventory, supplies or materials
- Acquisition and/or improvement of buildings, plant and equipment
- Working capital
- Other purposes as deemed appropriate and consistent with RCF’s economic development priorities, which include:
- Diversification of products and services available to neighborhood residents, including storefront retail and restaurants.
- Businesses that meet employment need of neighborhood residents.
- Businesses that espouse green principles or promote green products and services.
- Businesses declined by traditional lenders but are worthy of a “second look”
- Interest rate is based on prime + 6%
- Maximum Loan amount:
- For established businesses (in business more than 2 years):up to $50,000
- For startups (in business less than 2 years): up to $10,000
- For working capital loans up to $35,000
- All borrowers and co-borrowers must complete one or more meetings or classes conducted by RCF’s technical assistance partner, Workshops In Business Opportunities (WIBO). WIBO offers seminar series to prepare entrepreneurs for the loanprocess, as well as follow-up technical assistance.
- Site visits to the business will be conducted regularly to verify collateral and proper use of funds, to maintain relationships withborrowers, and to identify further business assistance needs.
Funded in part by US Department of Commerce/Economic Development Administration & Empire State Development Corporation.
- Restoration Plaza
- Family Services
- Arts & Culture
- Support Us