Restoration's programs work holistically to create healthy, stable families whether through our health initiatives that facilitates access to nutritous, affordable foods and opportunities for physical activity or through our Economic Solutions Center which promotes financial independence and security.
Health and Wellness
As lead organization for the Partnership for a Healthier Brooklyn, Restoration is working with community partners to address health disparities across the borough that disproprotionately impact low income communities of color. Priorities include improving access to healthy, locally sourced food and promoting opportunities for physical activity.
Economic Solutions Center
A one-stop shop to enhance economic self-sufficiency and success, the Economic Solutions Center provides integrated, holistic services that work together to help residents of all ages across the borough including disconnected youth, young adults, veterans, seniors, and under/unemployed individuals. Our award winning, evidence-based programming includes:
- Employment Services: skills assessment, job readiness instruction, sector-specific training and certifications, resume and cover letter writing, interview training, one-on-one assistance by our job developer, and placement services. Referrals to advanced learning and vocational skills also available.
- Social Supports: free benefits screening, legal counseling, and social service referrals.
- Education and Youth Development: a platform of services for high school juniors and seniors as well as disconnected youth including individualized case management and counseling, SAT prep and college access programming, career exposure and job training, leadership development, and internships.
- Financial Literacy and Counseling: financial literacy workshops for individuals and small businesses as well as one-on-one financial counseling to reduce debt, improve credit, and enhance savings.
- Seasonal Tax Prep: free tax prep assistance and access to earned income tax credits.
- Restoration Plaza
- Family Services
- Arts & Culture
- Support Us
Family Services Calendar
Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 10:00am to 1:00pm
Wednesday, March 2, 2016 - 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Friday, March 4, 2016 - 10:00am to 1:00pm
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 5:00pm to 8:00pm