Central Brooklyn faces a health crisis with some of the highest rates of heart disease and diabetes in New York City and where seven out of ten adults are overweight. In the face of these challenges, Restoration is leading borough-wide efforts to promote access to healthy food and physical activity.
- Increasing Access to Healthy Foods
- For the third year in a row, Restoration is proud to bring the community the Marcy Plaza Farmers Market in partnership with the Brooklyn Rescue Mission and TD Bank. Taking place Wednesdays from July through October from 10am-5:00pm, patrons can enjoy healthy, affordable produce and family programming from exercise classes and music performances to book readings by celebrated authors. To apply as a vendor send us an email.
- Restoration works to recruit early care centers to participate in Farm to Early Care, which includes one or more of the following: local food sourcing for the child care center’s meals and snacks, establishment of a farm share at the center, and various other healthy eating and fresh food activities, such as cooking demonstrations and garden visits. To learn more send us an email.
- Promoting Physical Activity
- Citi Bike: With 36 Citi Bike stations in Bedford Stuyvesant, Restoration is working to promote equitable access and usage among Bed Stuy’s largely minority and low income residents. Restoration's Brooklyn Bike Bridage facilitate events, education and bike rides throughout the community in order to familiarize residents with Citi Bike and its many benefits. To purchase a Citi Bike annual membership and/or find out more information about Citi Bike events, visit citibikenyc.com. You may also email us at email@example.com.
- Free summer bike rides with Restoration and its community partners twice weekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays from May through October. Hosted throughout Bed-Stuy and Brooklyn. Check out the Restoration calendar for times and locations.
- Free Exercise Programming: In partnership with EmblemHealth, Restoration provides free weekly exercise sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays! Check out the Restoration calendar for times and locations.
- Restoration Plaza
- Support Us
- Family Services
- Arts & Culture