We can still help you find a job. Restoration's experienced job developers are working with local area employers to identify suitable candidates. Click here for more information!
- Support strategies to raise awareness and communicate initiatives through outreach, website, social media, reports, brochures and other media.
- Attend on behalf of and represent Restoration at food system, fitness/biking and/or healthy community conferences and other industry events and gatherings.
- Help improve data collection and outcomes measurement, and maintain regular communication with project partners.
- Support relationships with the members of the Partnership for a Healthier Brooklyn and other community stakeholders.
- Provide outreach to local early child care centers, senior centers and hospitals in efforts to expand whole sale food sales and food boxes membership.
- Perform community outreach to help participants and other community members understand the benefits of Bike Share and biking.
- Support program staff with administrative tasks as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have outstanding communications skills and the ability to support and work closely with a diverse range of individuals from community residents and elected officials to organization leaders and the media;
- Bachelor’s degree, and current enrollment of a post-graduate degree ideally in health, food systems, nutrition, community and economic development preferred;
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, government agencies, elected officials and staff, private foundations, and media; and
- Excellent writing and computer skills.
Restoration is seeking an enthusiastic Customer Service Specialist. The Customer Service Specialist ensures that prospective and current program participants will have a fulfilling experience with Restoration’s Economic Solutions Center in such a way that long lasting relationships are being developed and customers will return for additional services. Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Customer Service Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate retention of customers by providing excellent customer service
- Front office reception and serving as a host to incoming customers
- Schedule appointments for prospective customers to come in for intake and service orientation
- Conduct intake, triage and enrollment with new customers
- Collect applicable documentation such as resumes, photo ID’s, benefits letters, etc.
- Set up appointments for customers to meet with Resource Coordinators, Financial Counselors, Job Developers, and schedule for workshop participation.
- Field phone calls to reach out to potential customers, remind existing customers of upcoming phone calls, and survey existing and past customers on their degree of satisfaction with services received.
- Enter pertinent demographic and assessment data from intake, triage and enrollment into the appropriate data systems.
- Participate outreach initiatives, such as tabling at events and distributing information on services throughout the community
- Provide management with input on how to continuously improve customer service to program participants.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent people skills and open attitude to work with a diverse constituency
- A proven record in customer service and demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Formidable communication skills, both in speech and in writing
- Hold a High School diploma in additional to relevant certifications and/or training
- Have a minimum of two years of full time work experience in a similar position or position with transferable skills
- Experience working with various data systems
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bilingual Customer Service Specialists are encouraged to apply
- Available to work evenings and Saturdays
Restoration is seeking an enthusiastic Employment Specialist & Coach to develop, maintain and deepen relationships with employers via the business services we offer. These services include candidate screenings for job openings as well as career development and retention services for their employees (incl. benefits enrollments, financial coaching, and training opportunities). The Employment Specialist & Coach will also work directly with job seekers to match them with jobs and coordinates with the Education & Training and Social Services Team to ensure that the job seeker receives the best possible set of services that meet her or his need. Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Employment Specialist & Coach include, but are not limited to:
- Provide one-on-one coaching and counseling, facilitate workshops, and provide retention services to program participants;
- Develop and maintain close relationship with employers for the purpose of job orders, internship opportunities and retention services for their staff
- Maintain high level of knowledge of labor market trends and high demand industries/sectors
- Conduct a career and job ready assessment and match clients to employers
- Maintain a high level of results accountability by entering pertinent customer data and case notes on a real time basis and update relevant information and data in various database systems as soon as new data becomes available;
- Work in team with Education & Training and Social Services staff to ensure that clients meet the best possible outcomes across services.
- Manage data recording of intake, assessment, service delivery, and outcomes for multiple contracts (incl. DYCD NDA Healthy Families and OTDA SNAP Venture III).
- Provide reports to Program Manager on a weekly basis
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred
- Established connections with businesses and employers a pre
- Excellent presentation and customer service skills and social skills demonstrative of empathy and support
- Attention for detail and ability to manage and leverage multiple contracts
- Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, milestones and be a team-player
- Excellent database and administrative skills with attention for detail and ability to manage data and information for multiple contracts.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Access & Outlook).
- Support Us
- Arts & Culture
- Restoration Plaza
- Family Services