Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation has been a leader in the development of Central Brooklyn. For its pioneering work, Restoration has been recognized locally and nationally as a model for community development. Through the years, Restoration has been able to attract the highest caliber of talent to advance its mission. Restoration is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Currently, Restoration has several positions available:
- Career Trainer & Coach
- Communication Intern
- Customer Service Specialist/ Benefits Enroller
- Employment Specialist & Coach
- Financial Coach
- Project Management Consultant
- Vocational Instructor/ Career Development Trainer
We can still help you find a job. Restoration's experienced job developers are working with local area employers to identify suitable candidates. Click here for more information!
Career Trainer & Coach
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This Communications Internship will provide the intern with valuable experience in the field of communications, with a specific focus on journalism. Intern will manage our presence in traditional as well as new media channels, including print, the web, and other social media outlets. Intern activities will be directed towards fostering the public image of Restoration’s health initiatives. Deliverables include: testimonial pieces that provide a people-oriented context for our various programs; publishable op-ed, letter to the editor, and news pieces, to increase community engagement and grow supporter base, by generating awareness of Restoration’s activities.
- Qualifications:Excellent writer with superior grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Superior qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Motivated worker, with proven ability to work independently as well as on a team in a deliverables- and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Familiarity with social media as well as newspaper industry
- Able to synthesize technical materials in a way suitable for mass media
- Committed to personal and professional development
- Work with print and/or online newspapers, as proven by writing samples (published materials preferred)
- Document and multi-media content management
- Experience writing on community development or health issues preferred
Education & Certifications:
Currently enrolled in an accredited Journalism Masters program.
Immediate full-time internship during August. Opportunity for unpaid part-time internship during the school year.
Please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to: Judith Anglin, HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to apply, please email cover letter and resume to Judith Anglin, HR Director, at email@example.com. For more information, contact Jako Borren, Director of Program Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Management Consultant
(Solutions Advancing Humanity Brooklyn Initiative)
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
About the Solutions Advancing Humanity Initiative:
The vision is a collaborative effort between four innovative entities: Alpha Sigma Boule Foundation, the Connecticut Center for Arts & Technology (CONNCAT), and the Manchester-Bidwell Corporation (MBC). Members of Alpha Sigma Boule are leading the project in a volunteer capacity. CUNY and CONNCAT and Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation are providing technical assistance to the project. Restoration is also serving as a fiscal conduit for certain funds received to support the staffing of the project. The collaborative will leverage the successes of its highly creative partners to develop a marketable, self-sustaining, and replicable entity to initially develop intense and high-expectation training curricula in collaboration with local employers to provide the employers with a steady stream of work-force ready, well-trained and well-motivated program graduates who are currently under or unemployed. The prototype, the Manchester-Bidwell Corporation (MBC) in Pittsburgh, has a thirty + year history of success that has been replicated nationally and internationally. CONNCAT (located in New Haven) is one of the newest centers and the one closest site to the New York City region. Site visits to the Pittsburgh and New Haven facilities would be required and the staff and the board of both facilities have already pledged their assistance and guidance in the successful development of this project. An additional part of the charge would be to identify an appropriate Brooklyn site (i.e. developed or undeveloped) to house the project.
•Staff the process to determine the feasibility of replicating the MBC model in NYC including developing and implementing a plan to pay for the feasibility study prescribed by MBC;
•Consult with project sites that have successfully completed the replication process prescribed by MBC to identify effective strategies for successful replication in NYC;
•Prepare a project budget and related fundraising plan;
•Lead a strategic planning process to develop and further refine goals, desired results, and an implementation strategy for the project.
•Develop and execute detailed work plans and timelines for project work streams and deliverables.
•Support the project chair in arranging project committee as well as external meetings;
•Prepare meeting minutes and other correspondence as directed by the project chair;
Experience and Qualifications:
•At least 5 years of progressive experience in nonprofit, government or for-profit
•Superior project management and organization skills; ability to think and act strategically, problem solve, adapt and learn quickly
•Strong writing and presentation skills
•Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Excel and PowerPoint
•Knowledge and/or interest in the substantive areas essential for thriving communities that support strong families and contribute to successful outcomes for individuals in poverty (e.g. housing, neighborhood development, education, health & social services resident leadership and engagement, economic development, collaborative decision making and other fields)
•Experience in developing and managing budgets
•Independent, creative and non-traditional thinking ability
Compensation: This is a part-time consultant opportunity. Compensation will be competitive with the rates for comparable assignments, and will take into account experience and skills of the consultant retained. Please forward your resume to email@example.com
Vocational Instructor/ Career Development Trainer
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Vocational/Career Advancement Instructor reports to the Director of Jobs Plus and Director of Program Operations. Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Vocational/Career Advancement Trainer include, but are not limited to:
• Teach a vocational trade in one or more of the following areas: Security, Home Health Aide, OSHA, and/or Food Handlers training for Restoration’s Workforce Development programs.
• Conduct outreach and recruitment and develop relationships with other service providers to ensure a steady stream of program participants.
• Develop and maintain curricula and lesson plans for workshops to program participants in resume writing, job search, interviewing skills, life skills, and career advancement.
• Assess program participants to determine interests, qualifications, and employment eligibility and assist in developing employment and curriculum plans.
• Provide one-on-one coaching to program participants in the area of job readiness, career advancement, and vocational training referrals.
• Follow up with program participants to maintain high program retention and collect information on self-
placements and retention.
• Provide consultation and advice to Job Development staff regarding program participants’ level of job readiness.
• Maintain record and files on program participants and their program attendance using ETO Social Solutions and other databases.
• Maintain relationships with other vocational/ career development training providers to share and develop best practices.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in providing vocational training, career development training, and/or job readiness training.
• In possession of applicable Vocational Training credentials (licensed/ certified to instruct in one or more of the following vocational areas: Security, Home Health Aide, OSHA, and/or Food Handlers).
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
• Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, milestones and be a team-player
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Access & Outlook), and database management
In order to apply, please email cover letter and resume to Judith Anglin, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Jako Borren, Director of Program Operations, at email@example.com
- Restoration Plaza
- Family Services
- Arts & Culture
- Support Us