SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
EMPLOYMENT AND INCOME
HOUSING STABILIZATION AND HOMEOWNERSHIP
Explore the Neighborhood
About The Plaza
Billie Holiday Theatre
Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation has been a leader in the development of Central Brooklyn. For its pioneering work, Restoration has been recognized locally and nationally as a model for community development. Through the years, Restoration has been able to attract the highest caliber of talent to advance its mission. Restoration is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Currently, Restoration has several positions available:
Restoration is seeking a creative, data-driven, results-oriented Employment Coordinator (Bilingual Spanish) to specialize in career coaching and job placement within the food and transportation sectors. The Employment Coordinator will report to the Assistant Director of Training and Placement at the Center for Personal Financial Health and will also have accountability within the Center for Health Neighborhoods. A successful candidate in this role will establish, maintain, and deepen relationships with community members and with employers in order to partner with clients in their career journeys to secure high-quality jobs and advance in their careers long term.
Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Employment Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
Experience and Qualifications:
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications via e-mail to: Angela Allen – email@example.com.
The Care Coordinator: ERAP Specialist manages applications to the New York State Office of Temporary Disability for rental and utility assistance as part of the Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Care Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
Screen community members for public emergency rental assistance program, including reviewing all documents to verify eligibility
Completion of all requirements using existing and new forms of identification and income, assistance with application submission, and appropriate follow up until rental assistance is secured
Screen members for public benefits/ social service needs and/or mental health needs (depression, anxiety, stress, and substance abuse), ensuring that this is captured in the member’s Service Plan.
Make appropriate resource connections and schedule member appointments with internal staff as applicable and/ or refer for external community services as needed.
Meet with staff and program management to review program results and learn new methods
Host tutorials or lead partner events to explain the benefits, eligibility and application process for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program to tenants and owners
Participate in outreach and recruitment of new members, including digital engagement and community events.
Maintain highly organized documentation of member engagement: enrollment, benchmark, outcomes, and input all data into internal databases in a timely manner.
Participate in regular staff meetings and supervisory sessions.
Bachelor’s Degree with at least 1 year of successful experience working in social services, mental health, resource coordination, or related area and /or some college and a minimum of 2 years of experience working in social services
Excellent customer service and relationship building skills, and the ability to lead with a strengths- based, client-centered approach.
Excellent documentation skills, ability to navigate multiple data entry systems, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Strong time management skills and organizational systems and able to conduct consistent and responsive follow-up with members and community stakeholders
Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as documentation skills.
A go-getter approach to problem-solving and identifying resources, collaborators, and opportunities.
A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse communities.
Bi-lingual (Spanish) is highly preferred but not required.
Ideal candidates have a familiarity with Central Brooklyn and NYCHA, though these are not requirements.
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Care Coordinator will report to the Jobs-Plus Assistant Director. Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Care Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
Restoration is seeking a data-driven, curious, gritty Employment Specialist dedicated to our Jobs-Plus Program, who will report to the Employment Coordinator to maintain and deepen relationships with employers in order to partner with members in their career journeys to secure high-quality jobs and advance in their careers long term.
The Social Service Manager will work with a roster of tenants to address barriers related to housing stability. In coordination with each family, the Social Service Manager will develop goals, provide advocacy, and solve issues that impact their living status.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
About the Position
The Housing Outreach and Services Coordinator will play a critical role in promoting and enrolling residents in our economic mobility and asset building programs through outreach and service coordination across targeted housing developments, ensuring that Central Brooklyn residents not only have housing stability but have asset building and upward economic mobility opportunities.
Restoration’s housing-based work is on the cusp of exponential growth through our work to implement a model New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Permanent Affordability Commitment Together (PACT) project in Brooklyn, one of the largest efforts of its kind to date, preserving 2,600 NYCHA units across nine NYCHA developments, touching over 6,300 residents across Northern and Central Brooklyn. Additionally, we are working with half dozen other housing developers to introduce a range of economic mobility offerings; these housing developer/management companies manage thousands of additional housing units. This position will be paid for by the Arker Companies and based a Restoration.
Reporting to Restoration’s PACT Project Manager, and working collaboratively with Restoration’s Training and Placement and Outreach and Care Coordination units, the Housing Outreach and Services Coordinator will help ensure that residents are made aware of and know how to access (1) job opportunities, especially those generated through housing development and maintenance activities like PACT; and (2) the services available to them at Restoration and our partners, both during and after construction. As such, residents will be connected to job opportunities as well as services including: financial counseling, mental health screening, social services and benefits, and job training and placement.
Community Outreach and Resident Engagement
Job Training and Placement
Data Input and Maintenance
The Director of Quality Assurance will lead the design, implementation, and management of a coordinated and comprehensive strategy for measuring the impact of Restoration’s economic mobility and health programs. The Director Program Quality Assurance, in collaboration with other Restoration departments, will identify key areas for evaluation, build capacity for ongoing program compliance, monitoring, and assessment, and lead efforts to conceptualize and implement a longitudinal strategic plan designed to improve internal program practice sand to inform external stakeholders about our work, including the build out and implementation of our data management platforms .
Working collaboratively with staff, this role provides an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in data management, compliance, and/ or research and evaluation and a demonstrated commitment to community based development, leadership, and services such as social services, education and training, financial literacy, career development, business development, physical and mental health to contribute to the continued growth and success of Restoration.
The position will report directly to Restoration’s Executive Vice President for Programs who oversees programming under Restoration’s Center for Personal Financial Health and Center for Healthy Neighborhoods.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectation:
About the Position
Restoration is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager, who will report to the Director of Quality Assurance, to lead the design, implementation, and management of a coordinated and comprehensive strategy for measuring the impact of Restoration’s economic mobility and health programs. The Quality Assurance Manager, in collaboration with other Restoration departments and the Director of Quality Assurance, will identify key areas for evaluation and build capacity for ongoing program compliance, monitoring, and assessment. This position will also lead efforts to conceptualize and implement a longitudinal strategic plan designed to improve internal program practices and inform external stakeholders about our work, including the build out, project management, and implementation of our enterprise database system.
Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Quality Assurance Manager include, but are not limited to:
About the Position
Restoration is seeking an enthusiastic Data/Business Analyst, who will report to the Director of Quality Assurance, to help develop Restoration’s enterprise data warehouse, case management, and reporting system. The system will measure our performance against internal and external goals, track a client’s journey through our multiple services, and improve efficiency.
Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Data/Business Analyst include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct data analysis and produce data visualizations as needed
• Configure the custom-built system based on user requirements
• Develop system logic and functions to mirror business processes
• Train staff to utilize the system on an ongoing basis
• Document defects and alert developers of issues during testing
• Monitor user adoption of the system
• Write scripts to automate routine data analysis tasks
• Update the website as needed
• Design data visualizations and reports in Google Data Studio
• Analyze data to answer questions for executive leadership
• Enter and validate data in the system
• Handle additional assignments as requested
Experience and Qualifications:
• Background in computer engineering, computer science, software engineering, data science, and/or other STEM disciplines preferred
• Two years of relevant experience in data analysis and/or system design required
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Excellent database and administrative skills with attention for detail and ability to manage diverse data
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Collaborative, friendly, and curious with a strong work ethic
• Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and responsibilities simultaneously to meet deadlines
• Experience with website updates and development
• Excellent analytical and mathematical skills with experience in statistics
• Familiarity with FileMaker, Salesforce, or other CRMs useful but not required
• Knowledge of Google Data Studio or Tableau helpful
• Knowledge of Typeform useful but not required
Jobs-Plus, a comprehensive, place-based employment model that offers services to all working-age residents in designated public housing developments or clusters of developments, serves as a platform to help residents build their skills and connect to the labor market in high growth, high opportunity sectors so they can increase their incomes. Jobs-Plus should not be viewed as a quick fix; rather, the program seeks to help residents continue to improve their earnings over time, with residents taking the necessary and, at times, difficult steps towards advancing in their careers and closer towards their personal financial goals.
The Jobs-Plus Clinician will report to the Jobs-Plus Clinical and Wellness Coordinator. Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Jobs-Plus Clinician include, but are not limited to:
● Provides on-site one-on-one clinical counseling for Jobs-Plus Members who have mental health barriers to work and/or employment.
● Provides member-centered pathways to clinical care to ensure that members receive holistic care in their pursuit of their education, career and financial goals.
● Connect members requiring more intensive treatment to long-term care agencies/partners.
● Support the Jobs-Plus Clinical and Wellness Coordinator with the development and delivery of staff trainings on motivational interviewing, psycho-education and mental health first aid.
● Participate in case conferences with Jobs-Plus staff to ensure that members have the support in place to address their mental health needs and are optimally positioned and prepared to pursue their goals.
● Work with the Clinical and Wellness Coordinator to make appropriate connections and schedule appointments with internal service staff as applicable and/or refer for external community services.
● At least five (5) years of clinical practice experience and be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Creative Arts Therapist (LCAT), or a licensed psychoanalyst.
● Background and deep knowledge of trauma and the effect it has on executive functioning.
● Excellent customer service skills, placing the member first and ability to from a strength-based approach.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as documentation skills.
● A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
● Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse families and communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
● Bi-lingual (Spanish) is preferred but not required.
Sign up to receive emails relevant to your interests