SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
EMPLOYMENT AND INCOME
HOUSING STABILIZATION AND HOMEOWNERSHIP
Explore the Neighborhood
About The Plaza
Billie Holiday Theatre
Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation has been a leader in the development of Central Brooklyn. For its pioneering work, Restoration has been recognized locally and nationally as a model for community development. Through the years, Restoration has been able to attract the highest caliber of talent to advance its mission. Restoration is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Currently, Restoration has several positions available:
Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation seeks a full-time Junior Financial Counselor for its Financial Empowerment Center (FEC), a program operated out of several partnering locations in New York City. The Financial Empowerment Center initiated by NYC’s Office of Financial Empowerment offers one-on-one financial counseling and coaching free of charge to low income New Yorkers. We seek to help New Yorkers take control of their personal finances by increasing financial literacy, developing budgeting and money management skills, reducing debt, increasing savings and building assets.
▪ Assess client needs and develop individual financial action plans with each client.
▪ Provide individualized one-on-one financial counseling with a goal of moving clients to financial stability and asset building.
▪ Responsible for making appropriate referrals and integrating other wraparound supports (i.e. benefits, tax preparation, job readiness training, etc.).
▪ Engage in ongoing follow-up with Financial Empowerment Center clients on progress towards goals.
▪ Lead on outreach efforts: organize tabling, pop-up events, workshops, etc. to grow the client base.
▪ Available to occasionally work off-site (e.g. in schools or other partner organizations), on occasional Saturdays and/or evening hours.
▪ Participate in training and ongoing professional development.
▪ Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
▪ Have a minimum of two years of full time work experience in Economics, Financial Literacy, Human services or Business. Knowledgeable about and interested in personal money management, savings and and consumer rights
▪ Excellent people skills – comfortable meeting new people, talking in front of large groups.
▪ Spanish Speaking skills highly preferred
▪ Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
▪ Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with little supervision
▪ Passion for helping low-income adults meet their financial goals
▪ Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications via e-mail to: Judith Anglin – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobs-Plus, a comprehensive, place-based employment model that offers services to all working-age residents in designated public housing developments or clusters of developments, serves as a platform to help residents build their skills and connect to the labor market in high growth, high opportunity sectors so they can increase their incomes. Jobs-Plus should not be viewed as a quick fix; rather, the program seeks to help residents continue to improve their earnings over time, with residents taking the necessary and, at times, difficult steps towards advancing in their careers and closer towards their personal financial goals.
About the Position
The Jobs-Plus Career Development Specialist (Tech Sector) will report to the Jobs-Plus Employment Coordinator. As part of the role, the specialist will work with a cohort of a tech training program and are all beginning their first jobs as software engineers/related roles at companies with average starting salaries above $100,000/year. The goal is to ensure they not only start their first job, but that they are set up to thrive and advance in the field.
Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Jobs-Plus Career Development Specialist include, but are not limited to:
● The main point of contact to support their ongoing career growth, professional development, and financial goals, with programming such as: validating employment and job retention; meeting 1:1 with alumni to support their ongoing career growth; organizing quarterly professional development; planning alumni events; referring alumni to other services they may need and acting as a resource and point of
● Provide one-to-one coaching, goal setting and guidance on associated tasks toward goal achievement for low-income families, specifically around goals related to promoting economic mobility.
● Review and conduct detailed career assessments, monitor and document participants’ progress according to individual plans.
● Provide high-quality, individualized career coaching, job readiness assessments and counseling services, including career planning and exploration, to Jobs-Plus members.
● Offer one-on-one services including career readiness activities, job search techniques, resume and cover letter development, interviewing prep and practice, managing workplace culture/employers’ expectations, retention support, and career advancement.
● Work in close collaboration with the Education Specialist to link members to educational and vocational
training opportunities and follow up on referrals to our career service partners.
● Provide access to education and job training resources, including vocational training programs, HiSET, and college certificates and degrees.
● Plan, facilitate, and conduct job-readiness and career-related workshops.
● Work collaboratively and coordinate services with the Employment Coordinator, and the Restoration employment team to create, provide, and maintain employment opportunities.
● Responsible for tracking information and outcomes in Restoration’s Database, HRA Salesforce, and any other computerized data tracking system.
● Research and stay proficient in best practices related to coaching clients toward economic mobility.
● Provide reports to the Employment Coordinator on a weekly basis.
● Proven experience promoting career development and advancement, including knowledge of workforce development, education, and career exploration.
● Ability to engage, assess, motivate, and support participants through the job search and placement process, using advocacy and coaching skills that are compassionate, strengths-based, and non-judgmental
● High degree of cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively with families from diverse cultural, socio-economic, ethnic and educational backgrounds. Experience working with populations that have experienced trauma and/or crises preferred.
● Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
● Strong computer skills, including data entry, with solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
● Superior verbal/written English communication skills, including grammatical, editing and proofreading skills
● Demonstrates high quality customer service delivery to Members, employers and other partner organizations.
● Demonstrates experience in workforce development, placing individuals in jobs using a strength based approach.
● Possesses a high level of emotional intelligence, navigating Member needs and readiness for employment and/or need for additional job readiness coaching or training.
● Ideal Candidates will have a bachelor’s degree with 1 year of workforce development experience or high school with 3+ years of workforce development or customer service experience
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as detail oriented, documentation skills.
● Willing and able to work a rotating schedule on weekends and evening to serve working members
● Bi-lingual (Spanish) is preferred but not required.
The Social Service Manager will work with a roster of tenants to address barriers related to housing stability. In coordination with each family, the Social Service Manager will develop goals, provide advocacy, and solve issues that impact their living status.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
The Director of Quality Assurance will lead the design, implementation, and management of a coordinated and comprehensive strategy for measuring the impact of Restoration’s economic mobility and health programs. The Director Program Quality Assurance, in collaboration with other Restoration departments, will identify key areas for evaluation, build capacity for ongoing program compliance, monitoring, and assessment, and lead efforts to conceptualize and implement a longitudinal strategic plan designed to improve internal program practice sand to inform external stakeholders about our work, including the build out and implementation of our data management platforms .
Working collaboratively with staff, this role provides an exciting opportunity for someone with a background in data management, compliance, and/ or research and evaluation and a demonstrated commitment to community based development, leadership, and services such as social services, education and training, financial literacy, career development, business development, physical and mental health to contribute to the continued growth and success of Restoration.
The position will report directly to Restoration’s Executive Vice President for Programs who oversees programming under Restoration’s Center for Personal Financial Health and Center for Healthy Neighborhoods.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectation:
To apply for this position, please forward a resume and cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications via e-mail to: Tracey Capers – email@example.com.
About the Position
Restoration is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager, who will report to the Director of Quality Assurance, to lead the design, implementation, and management of a coordinated and comprehensive strategy for measuring the impact of Restoration’s economic mobility and health programs. The Quality Assurance Manager, in collaboration with other Restoration departments and the Director of Quality Assurance, will identify key areas for evaluation and build capacity for ongoing program compliance, monitoring, and assessment. This position will also lead efforts to conceptualize and implement a longitudinal strategic plan designed to improve internal program practices and inform external stakeholders about our work, including the build out, project management, and implementation of our enterprise database system.
Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Quality Assurance Manager include, but are not limited to:
Experience and Qualifications:
About the Position
Restoration is seeking an enthusiastic Data/Business Analyst, who will report to the Director of Quality Assurance, to help develop Restoration’s enterprise data warehouse, case management, and reporting system. The system will measure our performance against internal and external goals, track a client’s journey through our multiple services, and improve efficiency.
Specific responsibilities and tasks of the Data/Business Analyst include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct data analysis and produce data visualizations as needed
• Configure the custom-built system based on user requirements
• Develop system logic and functions to mirror business processes
• Train staff to utilize the system on an ongoing basis
• Document defects and alert developers of issues during testing
• Monitor user adoption of the system
• Write scripts to automate routine data analysis tasks
• Update the website as needed
• Design data visualizations and reports in Google Data Studio
• Analyze data to answer questions for executive leadership
• Enter and validate data in the system
• Handle additional assignments as requested
Experience and Qualifications:
• Background in computer engineering, computer science, software engineering, data science, and/or other STEM disciplines preferred
• Two years of relevant experience in data analysis and/or system design required
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Excellent database and administrative skills with attention for detail and ability to manage diverse data
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Collaborative, friendly, and curious with a strong work ethic
• Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and responsibilities simultaneously to meet deadlines
• Experience with website updates and development
• Excellent analytical and mathematical skills with experience in statistics
• Familiarity with FileMaker, Salesforce, or other CRMs useful but not required
• Knowledge of Google Data Studio or Tableau helpful
• Knowledge of Typeform useful but not required
About the Position
Restoration is seeking an experienced tax preparation professional to run a year-round tax site and manage all aspects of a VITA Site during tax season. The manager will supervise all aspects of the VITA site from preparation, staff employment and training through return of on-site and remote tax returns with a goal of approximately 5,000 individuals served. Salary commensurate with experience, range of $48K – $60K.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
● Must be comfortable working with TaxSlayer, including creating a variety of reports.
● Responsible for oversight of all aspects of the VITA Site intensive seasonal preparation of approximately 4,500 returns from January to May, including hiring, training, performance and reporting.
● Responsible for oversight of the day to day adherence to all site procedures by tax preparers, admin staff, intake and volunteers.
● Maintain an ongoing working relationship with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the DCA/OFE Tax Coordinator.
● Daily transmission of tax returns to IRS and New York State.
● Corrections of all rejected and outstanding tax returns.
● Monitor tax preparers for errors and adherence to tax laws, regulations, & site procedures.
● Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of the tax returns prepared at the VITA site, as described in Publication 4299, Privacy and Confidentiality, and that these requirements are adhered to by the staff.
● Maintain a record of volunteer agreements for all certified and non-certified staff.
● Ensure all staff have a copy of Publications 17 and 4012 at the workstation.
● Ensure that copies of Quality Alerts are distributed to each staff member to review
● Wrap up and closing of tax sites post April 15.
● Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
● Candidates should have at least 4 years experience in the tax preparation field and strong knowledge of personal income taxes as well as tax law knowledge.
● Any management and/or supervisory experience is a plus.
● Strong communication and organizational skills, is self motivated.
● Good attention to details with excellent follow up skills.
● Must be able to balance competing priorities and work on multiple tasks, often on a time sensitive basis.
● Bilingual (Spanish) is a definite plus.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and two references to Molly Ornati, Assistant Director at the CPFH at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Tax Site Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibliities include the following:
● Ability to Prepare and Quality Review tax returns.
● Strong people skills and able to work under pressure.
● Verify that return is within scope of preparer’s VITA certification.
● Prepare returns utilizing Taxslayer software.
● Be knowledgeable and stay up to date on IRS rules and regulations as they relate to VITA tax preparation.
● Interested in advancing in taxes and becoming a Site Coordinator.
● High school diploma or equivalent, some college and BA preferred.
● One year of accounting experience preferred
● Candidates should have at least 1 year experience in the tax preparation field and strong knowledge of personal income taxes as well as tax law knowledge.
● Strong communication and organizational skills, is self-motivated.
● Excellent attention to details with strong organizational and follow up skills.
● Spanish speaking skills.
● Can-do attitude, eager to pitch in and learn.
Part-time 2-3 days per week until January 2022 at the rate of $23 per hour. Full-time the position will pay $45K per year with benefits.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and two references to Molly Ornati, Assistant Director at the CPFH at email@example.com with the subject line: Advance Tax Preparer (Bilingual Spanish).
Sign up to receive emails relevant to your interests